Thursday 21 March 2013

Personal / work milestone...

So yesterday, I hit a personal milestone in work - I catalogued my 7000th music score!

This was part of a project which has taken place over a number of years.  In our library, we bring in books which are a compilation of different musical scores.  Students often would come in and ask if we had had the score for a particular song they were looking at, and we would have to send them to the shelves to look through all these compilations.  So, in a moment of madness (and trying to be helpful!) I suggested that we catalogue each score individually so the title would come up in a simple search, telling us which book we had it in.

The majority of the scores were completed years ago, except for those in one book - the complete mission praise - a book which contained over 1000 scores all by itself!  I've been keeping this on as an ongoing project - something to do when other projects got a bit quiet.  I'm almost finished it now (only about 100 scores left to go!) and yesterday we hit the heady heights of over 7000 scores on catalogue.  So, a personal milestone, but it makes me happy in a little library geeky way  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment