Tuesday 19 July 2011

cpd23 - thing 5

Reflective practice.

Looking back on previous cpd23 posts on this blog, I've a lot to reflect on!

As I mentioned originally, I started this process (and this blog) as part of my continuing professional development in my workplace.  There are a number of us taking part in this scheme, which is nice, as we can check with each other if we need any tips or pointers!  To begin with, I really wasn't sure what I would get out of the process, but even only this far in (and with may more 'things' to do) I can say that my horizons have already been widened (on a professional level at least!)

I think my favourite parts of this process so far were the creative parts: I loved the whole idea of 'personal branding'.  I did a lot of thinking about how I would like to be perceived by others in the internet world, and ultimately am very happy with how this has turned out: it was good being able to link my blog to my RSS feeds, and to my twitter account - it does make me feel like I have more of an online presence.  I would like to publicise this presence more in the future, and will work to become more 'searchable' online.

I also really loved looking at other blogs of people who are also going through the cpd23 process.  It's been very interesting to see their viewpoints on what we are all doing, and seeing what they are taking from the things to do - it gives you some other ideas of what you could be looking for.

Overall, I've enjoyed what has gone so far, and am looking forward to what is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment