Thursday 28 July 2011

cpd23 - thing 8

We're getting there!  This should be a much shorter post...

Thing 8 - Google Calendar

Already having a google account helped with this task, as I didn't have to sign up to create a calendar.  All I had to do after clicking the link provided by cpd23 was add my name and away I went!

Not all of the calendar functions worked, as I was using a standard internet explorer browser, so I may change to google chrome at some point to see all the gadgets  :)  I was able to change my settings etc. (is it a bit sad to admit I like the fact you can have a little weather forecast for each day?) and have a browse around.

I did like google calendar: it's a simple, clear format which works well.  However, I'm not sure if I would use it much: in work, we tend to use outlook mail, where you can share calendars with people you work with.  Maybe if I knew anyone else with a google calendar it might be different.  So overall, a nice application, but maybe with limited use to me. 

What does everyone else think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment