Wednesday 21 September 2011

cpd23 - thing 19

Time for a catch-up!

What a busy time it's been so far!  I can't believe that we're coming into the finishing stretch already, so it's probably good that we're having a 'stop and reflect' time.

I've learnt a lot from this cpd scheme so far - I've been introduced to a lot of different tools.  Some of which I can't see me using (such as pushnote, and google calendars); ones that I already use (like facebook); and ones that I would like to use more in the future (prezi, and maybe some of the screen capture tools).

Twitter - I admit I used this a few times, but have lapsed recently so must see about getting back into that.

I'd like to really try and integrate some of the showcased tools into my working practice: I would like to try and use prezi to create some form of interactive student induction (ambitious, much?!?) and I think some of the other tools would be good for library promotional material.

I have also really enjoyed the topics on advocacy and mentoring etc.: they were very thought provoking, and have made me want to promote libraries (and myself!) a bit more than I have done to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment